Here’s a GIANT-SIZED thank you to our good friend Shannon for helping us out and designing these amazing logos!
Well hello there!
It’s been a while since we’ve posted, well, anything really, so we thought we’d give everyone a solid update on the band’s current status. Here it goes…
1. We finally found a permanent bassist. His name is Joe, and we like him.
2. We’ve actually been playing a lot recently! We hit up an open mic night at 202 in downtown Roanoke, played a last minute stairwell show at McDilda Photography (which actually kicked much ass,) and last night we played at Growler’s, a local bar and microbrewery. It, unfortunately, kicked less ass due to (put gently) technical difficulties. Oh well, people were drunk, we played our music, and no one got hurt so it wasn’t a complete mess, right?
3. We booked a recording date at a professional studio. That’s right ladies and gents, She’s a Legend will be hitting the studio, June 27th, to record our ACTUAL first professional demo. It will probably feature 3-5 songs so be on the lookout for that in the near future!
4. Alex (rhythm guitar and lead vocals) is moving to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for six months. But don’t fret! The band will continue to write new material during his academic hiatus, and maybe even but on a few shows as a trio so be sure to continue to support the band, whatever shape or size we may be!
5. Our dear friend and artist extraordinaire, Shannon, has been hard at work on some artwork for the band. The sketches look amazing, so we’re excited to see the final product.
Call me maybe,
She’s a Legend
Here’s our second submission in our “Stripped Down” series! We decided to re-do the first stripped-down Lakeside video, especially since Sean couldn’t be there. It’s better this way.
Yo yo yo!
It’s been way too long since we’ve thrown a video up here! Sometimes school gets in the way of fun stuff, y’know? ANYWAY. We’re back. Get ready.
So here’s the plan. Sean and I sat down and took video of ourselves playing “stripped down” versions of a few of our songs. We decided to release these videos one at a time, just so y’all can see what we’ve been up to while we buckle down, forgo schoolwork, and work on some new material!
Enjoy the first of many!